Usually on MyHealthyFitLife.com I am talking about my results with P90X, P90X+ or Insanity, posting interesting articles on Shakeology and other nutritional products or talking about the unpaid celebrity endorsements that Beachbody programs have been receiving.
But today I want to talk about developing your core. And I’m not talking about your abs, back, hip-flexors, etc. I’m talking about your CHARACTER.
In Tony Dungy’s book, UnCommon, he lays out the following keys for developing your core and I think he hits the nail on the head.
Keys For Developing Your Core
- Remember that what you do when no one is watching matters.
- The means matter as much as the ends, if not more.
- Hang in there. Character is revealed through adversity.
- Often we grow as much through the little things as we do through the bigf ones.
- Truth is critical. Being truthful is too.
- Don’t rationalize your way around honesty.
- Don’t blow your own horn.
- Don’t be falsely modest; you have amazing gifts. Just recognize that others do to.
- You are important, but not indispensable. The same foes for others. See Yourself as a significant part of the process.
- Be careful what you do with your resources, gifts, time and talents. You’ve been entrusted with them.
- Some of the most rewarding times in life are when you have to stand alone, even if you’re uncomfortable doing so.
- Life is hard. Courage is essential.
- Never give up. Never.
Now, while all of these keys can be applied to your exercise routine and commitment to your health and nutrition, I believe that your personal development is JUST as important as your physical development. So, just like you commit to 45-60 minutes per day of physical activity, make the commitment to work on YOU for at least 15 minutes per day. You’ll be amazed at how 15 minutes per day can change your life forever.