If you’re like me and always looking for ways to sneak more veggies into your family’s diet, hope you enjoy this Chunky Vegetable Soup Recipe inspired by the 12 Veggie Soup from Aubon Pain (minus all the sodium, soy, chemical additives and for about half the cost!).
Chunky Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Carrots, rinsed, peeled, sliced
- 3 medium Celery stalks, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 cup Green beans, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup Leeks rinsed and sliced (optional)
- 1 small Zucchini, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small Yellow squash, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 cup Okra, rinsed and sliced (optional)
- 1 cup Organic Corn kernels
- 1 can (28oz)Diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28oz)Pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Organic Edamame, shelled (optional)
- 1 cup Broccoli florets, rinsed and chopped
- 4 small Potatoes, rinsed and diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups Spinach, fresh
- 64 oz Vegetable broth
- 2 T Olive oil
- Himalayan Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan with a lid, cook the onions in the olive oil on medium/high heat for about 5-7 minutes until slightly translucent and brown around the edges.
- Remove the lid, add the salt and pepper, stir, and then add the carrots, celery, and green beans and stir. Cook with the lid off for another 5 minutes.
- Add leeks, zucchini, yellow squash, okra, corn, tomatoes (diced and pureed), edamame, broccoli, potatoes, and the vegetable stock (and the lid).
- Allow the soup to come to a full boil and then turn the temperature to low heat and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off but allow pot to remain on the burner.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms and allow greens to wilt before serving (about 5-10 minutes)
- Enjoy! 🙂
Does this Chunky Vegetable Soup Recipe sound good? Comment below and let me know your thoughts and feel free to share it with others who are looking for a simple, healthy and tasty way to get more veggies into their diet.