The dessert loving, recovering sugar addict in me is ALWAYS on the lookout for amazing, healthier sweet treats that actually taste good and I don’t have to feel guilty for giving to my kids.
These Grainfree Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting go above and beyond on taste as well as health benefits. This is a clean eating sweet treat your whole family can enjoy… and they’re really simple to make too!
Make these grainfree brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for your next birthday party of celebration and I promise even the pickiest, unhealthiest eaters you know won’t know these are “healthy”. 🙂
Grainfree Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup + ¼ cup pure maple syrup, divided use
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅔ cup Vanilla Shakeology
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, ⅓ cup maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Top each cupcake with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
- To make frosting while cupcakes are baking, whip peanut butter in a medium bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add almond milk; beat until well blended.
- Add Shakeology; beat until well blended, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Slowly add remaining ¼ cup maple syrup while beating on medium speed. (If frosting is too stiff, add 1 to 2 Tbsp. additional almond milk.) Set aside.
- Once cupcakes are cool, evenly spread with frosting.
Recipe Source and nutrition facts: http://tinyurl.com/grainfreebrowniecupcakes
Do these Grainfree Brownie Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting sound good to you? Comment below and let me know your thoughts and feel free to share this with others who are looking for a simple, healthy and tasty treats for their family.