The P90X Nutrition Plan – Is it possible to eat out every once in a while while also staying committed to the P90X nutrition plan? So let’s say you’re working overtime at your job, it’s late, you’re hungry. You know that NOT eating is not an option but the only thing around is a restaurant that doesn’t necessarily serve the healthiest options. But what about the restaurant meals listed in the back of the P90X Nutrition Plan? Sure you could choose one of those, IF you want fast food. yuck!
P90X Nutrition Plan Tips
First, it’s time to take a deep breath. I’m going to help you through a difficult situation and help you with your P90X nutrition plan.
The first thing you need to do is use your common sense with the P90X nutrition plan.
Here’s a quick list of things that will help you survive in ANY restaurant while on the P90X nutrition plan.
- Pick the chicken or fish instead of the beef. The chicken or fish will typically be a less “fatty” cut than the beef.
- Avoid ALL fried foods.
- Unless it’s salad, veggies or fruit, skip the side dish.
- Pasta? Avoid cream sauces and just eat half your portion.
- No bread, except if you’re having a sandwich. In that case get whole wheat.
- Ask for the salad dressing on the side and use it sparingly.
If you do this, you’ll probably find yourself with a remarkably stripped-down meal that’ll be easy to judge using the P90X nutrition plan portion counting strategy. Here’s how to do that. (Man! The P90X nutrition plan makes this so simple!) 🙂
- Piece of meat = 2 protein portions.
- Side of veggies or salad = 1 veggie portion per side dish.
- Salad dressing can count as 1 condiment portion if you limit the serving to 2 tablespoons.
- If you ignored my extra side dish advice, count that as 1 carb portion.
- If there’s any kind of sauce or marinade on your meat, add 1 condiment portion.
- Instantly add 1 fat portion. Restaurants are notorious for sneaking fat and sodium into food. That’s why it tastes so good!
- In the event that you are 100 percent, categorically certain that there’s no hidden fat in your meal, skip the above point and add 1 condiment portion, (just because I don’t trust those restaurant guys. Trust me. I’m paranoid so that you don’t have to be. 🙂
So, in this quick example, let’s take Denny’s Grilled Tilapia. Here’s how they describe it on the menu: a mild, white fish filet seasoned and grilled, then placed on a bed of savory vegetable rice pilaf. Served with your choice of two sides and dinner bread. We have our fish, so that’s 2 protein portions. The vegetable rice pilaf is 1 carb portion and 1 veggie portion. The corn and tomato slices are 1 veggie portion each. Let’s call that 1 carb portion and 1 veggie portion. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of fat going on here, so we’ll skip the fat portion. However, the pilaf is savory, which implies a sauce, so let’s add 1 condiment portion.
Here’s where we end up and how it will incorporate into your P90X nutrition plan.
Fit Fare Grilled Tilapia with Rice Pilaf, Corn, and Tomato Slices
3 veggie portions
2 protein portions
1 carb portion
1 condiment portion
Protein: 58 grams
Carbs: 66 grams
Fat Total: 11 g
That was easy, right? Now of course, don’t limit yourself to just major chain restaurants. In fact, you’ll probably have better luck finding healthier food at an independent restaurant. They will also tend to cater to what kind of food you have and be less insulted when you ask them to change an item on the menu to suit your food choices for your P90X Nutrition Plan.
P90X Nutrition Plan Help
Need even more help with your P90X nutrition plan, help staying on track or finding the motivation to get started? Sign up for your free Team Beachbody account so I can be your Free coach and then let’s connect on Facebook!
Did you enjoy this post about the P90X nutrition plan and eating out?? Do me a quick favor and share it with your friends! Tweet it, Like it or Pin it to help someone else who may be going through the same struggles as you!